June 18, 2011

Insanely easy chewy peanut butter cookies

I've tried dozens of peanut butter cookie recipes over the years. Not because I can't find one I like, but because there are so many different textures and PB intensity levels (I'm pretty sure it's an official scientific measurement). So here I present my humble offering to the ranks of peanut butter cookies. If you're always looking for another PB cookie recipe, or if you need some cookies you can whip out in 10 minutes or less, look no further.
Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cup peanut butter
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 cup instant oats
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
  • pinch of salt
Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. First, beat the peanut butter until it gets a bit fluffy (this shouldn't take long at all and can be done quite easily by hand).
  3. Next, beat in the sugar.
  4. Once the mixture is again workable, beat in the egg.
  5. Next, stir in the remaining ingredients and scoop onto a cookie sheet.
  6. Bake for about 10 minutes, until golden around the edges.
  7. Cool and enjoy!





What's your favorite peanut butter cookie recipe?
Share on Tumblr submit to reddit

6 comments:

  1. Like you I've tried many, and my current favorite is Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunkers from Goddess of Baking blog. But I'm getting ready to go in the kitchen to try yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Linda. I just rushed over to look at those cookies, and now I've definitely decided on dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am headed to the kitchen :) I haven't had a really good recipe for Peanut Butter Cookies yet that come out chewy so we are all really excited to try it out and eat them. Benny Boy has been asking me ! Here we go.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    These cookies look really great and seem pretty easy to make. I just wanted to double check, this recipe doesn't contain any flour at all?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope, no flour what-so-ever. Between the peanut butter, egg, and oats, the cookies get enough structure to not need any flour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, no flour! Seems like magic.
    Thanks for your reply, Jacob. I hesitated to make them until I ran it through with you.
    By the way, your blog looks like the beginning of something wonderful. Will be back soon!
    Thank you again for this nice and easy recipe.

    ReplyDelete