September 7, 2011

Cheesecake Brownies

I've been making quite a few cheesecake things lately. And quite a few brownie things. And so, I come to the massive climax of these two trends: cheesecake brownies. For this recipe, I didn't want anything too fancy. I just wanted a good, quality cheesecake and a good, quality, chocolate-y brownie. And I got them. The cheesecake is has a rich taste and simple vanilla flavor, without being too heavy, and the brownies are perfectly gooey and chocolate-y.


I decided to use a brownie recipe I already had, because I knew it was the texture I wanted. So I created a little cheesecake mix-in recipe to go with it.


Ingredients:

  • 8 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 tbsp flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 egg
  • One batch of brownie batter
Directions:
  1. First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Next, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
  3. Then add in the flour and the salt and beat until just mixed.
  4. Beat in the egg.
  5. Pour about half of the brownie batter into a baking dish, then add the cheesecake before topping with the rest of the brownie batter.
  6. Using a butter knife, swirl together the batters, taking care not to mix them into a homogeneous batter.
  7. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
These were moist and delicious, and I'd make them again in a heartbeat.


What desserts are you looking forward to as we head into fall? Any you've always wanted to know about, that you'd like to see on Confectious?
Share on Tumblr submit to reddit

No comments:

Post a Comment