July 8, 2011

Almond Clafoutis

Having a big bag of fresh cherries presented quite the dilemma today. There were just so many different things which sounded delicious. Cherry ice cream? Black forest torte? Cherry jellies? Recipe after recipe fluttered into my mind. But in the end, the idea for a clafoutis dropped in like a piano in an old cartoon, lodging itself firmly in my thoughts. So I caved. Not that that's a bad thing. But I still have more cherries, so maybe some of those other ideas will come to fruition. Yup, fruition.

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups heavy cream
  • 4 egg yolks
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • pinch salt
  • 1/2 cup sliced almonds
  • 1.5 cups cherries, stemmed and pitted



Directions:
  1. First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Then combine the flour, sugar, yolks, and salt. Whisk until well blended. Then whisk this into the heavy cream.
  2. Pour this mixture into a 9 inch pan and place the cherries into the pan.
  3. Sprinkle the almonds on top of the mixture and bake for approximately 20 minutes, until the custard is set.
  4. Once cooled, dust with powdered sugar and devour.

Pretty simple, huh?
What's your favorite easy summertime dessert?

Check out other great desserts at http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/07/sweets-for-saturday-25.html
Share on Tumblr submit to reddit

4 comments:

  1. I have so got to make a clafouti. They look like the ideal way to enjoy the summer fruits. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till Monday and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your clafoutis up. Feel free to also link up any other sweet treats you've made this past week. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/07/sweets-for-saturday-25.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks scrumptious!! Thanks for sharing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I just made my first clafouti last week and can't believe I haven't done it sooner! I'll have to add almonds next time because that looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your clafouti looks perfect, I attempted one once and it sadly was not very good. My favourite cherry recipe is a classic cherry pie, mmmmm reminds me of my childhood :)

    ReplyDelete